The Houthi Health Department says the latest US attacks have hit water management buildings in the Hodeidah area.
Four people have been reportedly killed in a US attack in Yemen’s Hodeida region. This is the latest deadly strike against the Houthi military as the US announced its second aircraft carrier and more enthusiastic deployments into the Middle East.
Houthi Health Minister Anees Alasbahi said three people were confirmed to have been killed in the US attack on Tuesday night, but the death toll was preliminary.
“The American attacks targeting the water management building in Governor Hodeida’s Al Manzoorya district on several strikes on Tuesday resulted in three deaths and two injuries, mainly two injuries to employees,” Arasbahi said.
Houthi-Afileated Al Masirah TV later reported that deaths rose. Local media reported that Hajajah region in the northwest and Sadah in the north were also attacked.
The US has not confirmed that it carried out the attack. This comes after Al Masila TV reported multiple US attacks that had been attacked in the Saada and Sanaa regions. There were no immediate reports of casualties from the attack on Monday night.
More than 60 people have been killed in Yemen since Washington launched a military attack on Houthi forces on March 15th. Yemeni armed groups had threatened to renew Israel-linked transport in the Red Sea in response to the destruction of a ceasefire in Gaza.
The Department of Defense has also announced that it will increase the number of U.S. aircraft carriers deployed in the Middle East to two, and that it will send another aircraft from the Asia-Pacific region already stationed in the Red Sea.
USS Carl Vinson’s aircraft carrier will join USS Harry’s Truman in the Middle East, the Pentagon said in a statement Tuesday, adding that the US and additional military aircraft will be deployed.
“The US and its partners remain committed to CENTCOM (Central Command Area of Responsibility) regional security and are ready to accommodate state or non-state actors looking to widen or escalate regional conflict,” the Pentagon said.
The Houthi military also claimed on Tuesday that it launched many cruise missiles and drones on US ships with the Truman Airlines group. This was the third strike against a US military vessel in 24 hours, Houthis said in a statement carried by Al Masirah TV.
The Pentagon has not mentioned that certain aircraft have been sent to the area, but at least four B-2 bombers have moved to a US military base in Diego Garcia on the Indian Ocean Island, according to US officials, who have spoken on condition of anonymity with the Reuters news agency. Diego Garcia’s base is within impressive distances between Yemen and Iran, experts say.
The US military’s strategic headquarters refused to say how many B-2s have arrived at Diego Garcia, noting that it had not commented on the movements or operations involving the bombers.
The deployment of the second aircraft airline and B-2 bomber – usually used sparingly, as there are only 20 latter cases in the Air Force stock – comes after US President Donald Trump says that Houthi’s fighter attacks will continue until they no longer pose a threat to shipment.
Trump also strengthened his rhetoric against Tehran, threatening to “be bombed” if Iran does not reach a contract with Washington in its nuclear programme.
Iran’s top leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Monday that the US would be hit hard if Trump followed his threat.
Amirali Hajizadeh, aerospace commander for Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, reminded Washington that there is a base in the Middle East, saying, “They should be in glass houses and not throw stones.”
The Tehran Times also reports that Iranian forces have “prepared” missiles “with the ability to strike US-related positions” for Trump’s threat.