US broadcaster CNN cited three unnamed sources saying the onslaught, released on March 15, already used hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ammunition.
The US Secretary of Defense announced this week that B-2 bombers from Diego Garcia (an atoll managed by the UK) are also being used against the Yemeni army, with additional aircraft carriers and several combat squadrons and air defense systems coming to Central Command soon.
“They took out a few sites, but that didn’t affect the ability of the Hoosis to continue shooting on ships in the Red Sea or to shoot down US drones,” one of the sources said, referring to Yemen’s Ansarra Resistance Movement.
“We, on the other hand, are ready: commander, fuel, deployment time.”
Another source stressed that the Pentagon would likely need to request supplemental funds from Congress to continue the attack, but may not have received it as the attack has already been criticized on both sides of the aisle.
Even Vice President JD Vance said he thought the Atlantic attack on signal chat issued last week was “mistake.”
The Pentagon has not publicly disclosed the actual impact of the daily US strike on the Yemeni resistance, but they acknowledged that the group was able to strengthen its bunkers and maintain weapons stockpiling underground, just as the Joe Biden administration had during a year-long strike.
And it was difficult to determine exactly how much Yemen still stocked, defense officials said.
In a speech Friday, Ansarlah leader Abdul Malik al-Haucci said the fierce attacks against Yemen failed to stop the Yemenist resistance operation in support of Palestinians suffering from months of Israeli massacre in the besieged Gaza Strip.
Houthi stressed that the US attacks on Yemen, which had over 90 attacks in days, “did not stop military operations in support of the Palestinian people, nor could they protect Israel’s voyages in the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and the Arabian Sea.”
A few weeks after the Israeli Genocide War with Gaza began in October 2023, Yemeni forces began launching solidarity operations with war-stricken Gazan, which attacked targets across the occupied Palestinian territory, in addition to targeting Israeli ships or vessels heading towards ships on the occupied territory.
In support of Israel, the United States announced in December 2023 the formation of a maritime task force in the Red Sea to protect the passage of vessels bound to Israeli-occupied territory.
The Yemeni military responded by strengthening strikes against strategic and sensitive Israeli and American targets, including US warships and aircraft airlines deployed on Yemeni coastlines.
Yemeni forces suspended a retaliatory strike in support of a ceasefire that took effect in Gaza on January 19 before Israel defeated it last month.
MNA/Press TV