Yemeni military says it shot down a second US MQ-9 drone just three days after defeating the first one in the past week as part of its retaliation for a US-led attack on the Arab state as part of its campaign to support the oppressed people of Palestinians.
In a statement Thursday, Yemeni military said it was able to shoot down the American MQ-9 Reaper, a hunter killer drone designed for long durability and high altitude surveillance, across the skies of Al Hadaida province in western Yemen.
“To support the oppressed Palestinian people and to support their noble and brave resistance, with the help of Allah Almighty, Yemeni military air defenses were shooting down hostile American MQ-9 drones, violating Yemeni airspace, and using Yemeni airspace to carry out hostile missions in Al-Hudaydah airspace. Sally, a spokesman for the Yemeni military, said in a statement aired.
He added that this was the second drone in Yemeni Air Force to fall within 72 hours and 17 days through the promised victory and the battle of sacred jihad.
The military said Monday that they shot down an American MQ-9 Reaper drone in the central state of Mamribu.
The Yemeni military reaffirmed their commitment to resist attempts to threaten Yemeni sovereignty and, together with the Yemeni people, emphasizing that Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip will end and continue until the stop is lifted.
Last month, US President Donald Trump approved “decisive and powerful military action” against Yemeni military forces and resistance, and later stressed that he threatened to “fully annihilate them.”
Yemenis has been attacking Israeli and American targets in Gaza on October 7, 2023, in response to the American and British attacks on their homelands, in order to support Palestinians.
The operation effectively shut down Eilat port south of the occupied area, causing a major economic setback for the Israelis.
Yemeni forces say they will not stop attacking Israel’s ground and air attacks at the end of Gaza.
(Source: Press TV)